A Night Out on the Town

Saturday night I hung out downtown with some friends. We started off the night at Williard Park, climbing the free stamp. Suprisingly at 10 pm, we weren't the only crazy people taking funny pictures on the stamp. Later, we were looking for things to do downtown and ended up at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was weird walking through a vacant Tower City. Hard Rock was the only storefront open in the building.
It was definetly a good time, but I wish there was some more night life in Cleveland outside of the traffic jam that is the Flats. I wish there was an area where you could hang out downtown and not be the only souls for blocks, a downtown destination like Coventry or Downtown Willoughby.
I wish we had something like Chicago's Navy Pier which features the Chicago skyline and is open until midnight all summer long. Perhaps the downtown planners could utilize the Whiskey Island area or simply spice up the Northcoast Harbor region. Cleveland is so beautiful at night. It's a shame there isn't more going on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home