Always Browns Town

Last night I joined 32,751 other Clevelanders at Cleveland Browns Stadium to watch a Browns practice. The entire event, originally supposed to be an inter-squad game, reminded me of the annual Spring Game down at Ohio State and made me excited for Browns football in the fall.
The biggest attraction was QB Charlie Frye, the Brown's 3rd round draft pick from Akron. He looks like he could be a star down the road. Another treat was seeing Simon Fraser playing for the Browns. He made a tackle and the crowd roared. Fraser played last year for the Buckeyes. Of course, as an undrafted free agent, his chances of making the team are slim.

The oddest thing of the night was the orange and brown cotton candy. I don't know if they've had this in the past. Perhaps the Browns are trying to copy the local flavor of the Indians' I-shape pretzels. I can't tell you how it tasted. I was too repulsed by the coloring to give it a try.

I had to leave early so I missed the two minute drill and the fireworks, but the view of the sun setting behind the stadium was pretty impressive.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home